04/13/2019 to 04/20/2019Get Directions
Calling all windsurfing racers! This event will take place at OceanAir Sports in Avon NC with various racing events for both men and women.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR OBX-WIND:
- We fully anticipate all 300 racing spots to be filled for the long distance.
- You can not race without checking in and picking up your race number
- All racing will take place behind OceanAir Sports in Avon, NC.
- We plan to race in conditions that we see fit to hold the races. There's no specific limit on the wind range, but we want to make sure that everyone will get planing while keeping it as safe as possible for the racers. We'll be choosing the best forecasted day of the week for the long distance race. Wind speeds for race day should be somewhere between 18 and 30 mph assuming we have a day that meets those conditions.
- There are some unavoidable shallow areas along the race course. Be sure not to choose too long of a fin.
-The air temps could be anywhere between 50 and 80 degrees. Check the forecast and make sure you have a suit that will keep you warm.
- Hatteras Realty has the largest selections of vacation homes in the area. It's a great place to check to see what homes are still available near the event.
Registration Detials: Click here to register online.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK:
Sunday: Mandatory skipper's meeting at OceanAir Sports @10:00am (On-site registration & check-in following meeting - Receive your race number & raffle ticket)
Monday: First possible long distance or slalom
Tuesday: Possible long distance or slalom
Wednesday: Possible long distance or slalom - Weds. Night: Raffle & Venue TBD (Don't lose your tickets! Must be present to win!)
Thursday: Possible long distance or slalom
Friday: Possible long distance or slalom - Closing Party & Awards at The Madd Crabber Restaurant (Time: TBD)