More than ever people are looking for vacation accommodations that allow them to comfortably bring their pets. Hatteras Realty is glad to say that many of our homeowners are happy to welcome your 4 legged family member into their home for the week. If you are planning to bring your pet be sure to book a pet friendly home. Check the cottage listing at the top of the page to see if the home is pet friendly or give us a call to help you search.
ABOUT HATTERAS REALTY'S PET FRIENDLY RENTALS
- Please declare all pets prior to your arrival (one per house.)
- An additional nonrefundable per pet fee is required.
- TENANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO EVICTION WITHOUT REFUND IF PETS ARE FOUND ON THE PREMISES OF ANY HOME NOT ALLOWING PETS.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors and the next guest coming in and be sure to clean up after your pet.
- No home is guaranteed to be pet free (free of animal allergens.)
- Your pup will receive a FREE Pet Trash Bag container for your convenience at check in.
- Please be aware that TENANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO EVICTION WITHOUT REFUND IF PETS ARE FOUND ON THE PREMISES OF ANY HOME NOT ALLOWING PETS.
- Do not let your pet swim in the pool. This requires additional cleaning of the filtration system if this happens and you will be assessed this charge.
If you book a home that is not pet friendly but have decided to bring them along anyway, local boarding is available at Hatteras Island Pet Resort.
It is also very important to make sure your pet is treated in advance for ticks, fleas and mosquitos. This will prevent any possibility for your pet to pick up stray critters from the area. Consult your vet for more information on treatment options.
OBX Pet Laws
Pets are welcome on the beaches but all of our beaches (ocean and sound side) have leash laws. Pets must be on a 6’ leash and under control at all times and must be kept away from any beach closure. Beaches are patrolled and fines are issued by the National Park service for pets that are not on a leash and/or have entered a closed area of the beach. If your pet is found roaming they will be picked up and delivered to the Dare County Animal Shelter. There is a required removal of feces law throughout the Outer Banks – but more than that be courteous and clean up after your pet. North Carolina State Law requires pets to have up-to-date rabies vaccinations and your pet must wear a collar with the rabies tag attached at all times. For more information visit: